Name Change Procedure India

Name Change Procedure Andhra Pradesh

Name Change Procedure in Andhra Pradesh, our associates are providing guidance how to change name legally in Andhra Pradesh, name change in ID Proofs, name change in Birth Certificate, name change in Marriage Certificate and surname change for women after marriage, name correction procedure etc., legally. Some individuals  in Andhra Pradesh are changing names as per numerology, horoscope, most latest trends, and some other reasons. But name correction is somewhat different, in some cases names were entered wrongly or spelling mistakes in ID Proofs, in school records may be due to parental mistake or typographical errors, and in some other reasons, the procedure and process in correcting names is also same as Change of Name. The Government of Andhra Pradesh is providing legal solution to change name or rectify the mistakes in existing name.

Change of Name divided into four categories: viz.,

  1. Name Change for Majors
  2. Name Change for Minors
  3. Surname change for women after marriage
  4. Name Change for Andhra Pradesh State Government Employees.

The process & procedure is three stages as prescribed below.

1st Stage – Police Verification :

To get name change, the person with existing name should not involve in any criminal offences or registered or pending criminal cases in any court of law,  so Police clearance/verification Certificate is very much need to apply for Annexure-II Certificate to local Tahsildar/Executive Magistrate.  This kind of reason you must approach to your nearest Police Station or Commissioner of Police by way of Letter along with Affidavit in minimum value of Non-Judicial Stamp Paper/Bond Paper duly Notarize,  all ID Proofs such as Voter ID, Ration Card, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Passport etc., and SSC Memo for Date of Birth Proof, other relevant educational certificates, recent passport size photograph. and process fee through E-seva or Mee Seva or by approach directly.  After investigation the police officials will give Verification Certificate if you are fit.

Note: Regarding Minors in most of the cases, for the minors with above 10 years age group should also produce Police Verification to issue Annexure-II Certificate.  For minors their parent or guardian should apply on behalf of minor.

2nd Stage – Annexure-II Certificate :

The content in Annexure-II Certificate reflects as declared or approved that you are recognized as Citizen of India living in the location of respective local revenue tahsil and willing to change your name.

To get Annexure-II Certificate, apply to Tahsildar-cum-Executive Magistrate of your location or Taluka in the form of Annexure-I Application along with original copy of Police Verification Certificate, Affidavit in minimum value of non-judicial stamp paper/bond paper duly notarize, SSC Memo and other educational documents if any, all your ID Proofs such as Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Voter ID, Passport, PAN Card and recent passport size photograph etc.

The Tahsildar-cum-Executive Magistrate of your locality after thorough investigation on the basis of information available in the application furnished by you and after inquiry and on the basis of the information available on records issue Annexure-II if you are fit.

Note: Regarding minors their parent or guardian should apply on behalf of minor child in the form of Annexure-III Application.

3rd Stage – Gazette Publication :

Finally after getting the Annexure-II Certificate apply for Gazette Publication in Andhra Pradesh Official Gazette, along with original copy of Annexure-II enclose all your Educational Certificates, ID Proofs such as Voter ID, Passport, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Ration Card, recent passport size photograph. and process fee by way of Demand Draft.  After verification and scrutiny of all documents submitted by you the officials of Gazette will publish in Andhra Pradesh Official Gazette,  if Gazette Office may deems fit.  After getting the Copy of Gazette, the process is completed.

Note:  You may change all your ID Proofs and other related documents by submitting copy of Gazette by highlighting your name to authorities concerned.   No need of change of educational certificates, simply enclose copy of Gazette wherever necessary for further studies or jobs.

Name Change for State Govt. Employees

The Employees of Government of Andhra Pradesh may submit their request directly to Gazette of Andhra Pradesh along with Affidavit/Deed duly attested by their superior authority along with two witnesses, ID Proofs, one photograph and publication charges.

Name Change Consultants in Hyderabad